Monday, May 10, 2010

Ministry defined.

Last night I had one of those moments you hear people talk about when they say that God has given them some kind of revelation or perhaps God has let them in on something wise and Godly. I was thinking the other night what ministry means, what it really means and this phrase popped in my head and I think it really was a revelation from God.

Ministry is when we leverage our obedience to God for the benefit of others.

I've been thinking about that all day because when It came into my mind right before I fell asleep I kept repeating it over and over again because I knew it was important but I wasn't sure what it meant and I thought it would be better to ponder it further after I was fully awake. It's sort of strange thought to think that we can use our obedience, or rather God can use our obedience for His purpose and to help others know Him but it's true. When we remain faithful in the good or bad God will bless us but we have to trust Him.

So there is a possibility that I will be back in full time ministry, please pray for me and my family.

No comments: