Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Cause and Effect

Every once and a while I hear about another pastor going down in flames. And it is almost always self destruction. In fact I would say that some of the worst things that have ever happened to be were my own doing. I don't believe in Karma, but I do believe in something called "Cause and Effect"

I press start, microwave heats up my hot pocket (to unbearable temperatures)

I have seen how hypocritical the clergy can be and also how unforgiving their followers can be so be sure that I am not for pastor bashing. But when I see a pastor, or youth pastor, or music minister or any other type of person claiming to do "God's" work involved with something not above reproach, it makes me furious.

Case in point was an Evangelist who visited our town for an extended period of time. He made bold claims and I had my reservations immediately. With the way his minstry was expanding, I could only see it ending one of two ways.
1. He would be investigated for some type of fraud.
2. An immorality would become public.

He ended up having an affair and filing for divorce.

My first thought is "How could you be so stupid?"
My second thought is "What hope is there for me, if I see studs of the faith crashing like vista?"
My third thought is "I hope my hot pocket is done"

You see, no matter how close you are with God you are still human. And we are all subjected to the same temptations and are vulnerable.

So this message is for Christians.
If you Sin, there will be a consequence.

God has not promised to bail you out.
He has not promised to reverse the consequences of your Sin
and He can not be bargained with.

Cause and Effect
Sin and Consequence

So to you Pastors and Preachers, ask yourself what you are talking yourself into and remember you will be judged more harshly for your sin.

No comments: