Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A Prayer of Restoration for my Friends

Something troubling has been on my mind for the past couple of weeks, and it's not the economy. It's not the political race to the white house. It's not work, or school or any of the usual suspects. It's the striking realization that many of my once brothers and sisters in Christ have gone astray. They have forsaken new life for the pattern of the world. It's very sad. It seems like every time I turn around another close friend has given up or given in.

I think the worst part might be is that they think that they are now free, that they are now thinking clearly. When in fact they have compromised more and more and moved the line of sin further ahead of them so they can cross it, and move it, and cross it again. All of this stems from not spending time with the Father. It comes from not setting a time and a place with God. It happens when we leave our relationship with God up to Church or our ability to understand. It happens when we stop walking wisely and stop abiding in truth. It grieves me to see so many of my friends give up on a savior who never gives up on them.

My only hope comes in the peace of Jesus. He's going to restore you friends. He will pursue you. He will understand, because He loves you and so do I.

No comments: