Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The forgotten blog

This was to be my first Ben's Blog, but I cut my beard before I put it in the newsletter. So to put it in perspective I had a beard when I wrote this. Enjoy!

Ben's Beard Tracker.
I don't know if you've noticed but I've been growing a beard. I've found out that there truly is a secret fraternity of bearded people. You'll get a nod from another guy with a beard, also children are scared of you. It's itchy and sort of crazy looking. We will see how long I can stand it.
But just for you nay sayers here is a list of Great men who had beards

1. Jesus

Yeah it's a short list but He is the greatest, I didn't feel anyone could really be in the same category. Which brings me to my point that you can look like something but not be it. Does growing a beard really bring me any closer to being like Jesus? Probably not, just as going to church every Sunday doesn't mean we are a Christian or any closer to God then we were before. God is concerned with your heart. He wants you to be in a relationship with Him. So lets make the most of our Sundays together, lets really worship while we are here and not just play the part. Lets be worshipers in Spirit and Truth.

Also I wanted to say how amazing it is to be involved in something that is being led by God and for His purpose, lets keep our guard up and not give up because the road ahead will not be easy. Lets remember that God is our Strength and Shield and we don't need to be afraid but trust Him.

“God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.
Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.”
The Message: Ephesians 6:10-18

No comments: